Microsoft’s cloud now holds 16% market share in the competitive cloud computing market. Since Satya took over the helm at Microsoft in 2014, the company has enjoyed 180% increase in stock price. The companies increased focus on cloud first and the world class Surface business unit is driving the companies success. When you see the numbers from last quarter, they are really impressive, trust me and keep reading.
Revenue in Intelligent Cloud was $9.6 billion and increased 23% (up 20% in constant currency), with the following business highlights:
Server products and cloud services revenue increased 26% (up 24% in constant currency) driven by Azure revenue growth of 89% (up 85% in constant currency)
Enterprise Services revenue increased 8% (up 7% in constant currency)
AZURE HAD 89% REVENUE GROWTH
Put that in your pipe and smoke it. They are embracing open source and devs are coming their way. Serverless, containers, and linux are now a common thing at MIcrosoft and no longer cardinal sins. What do you think will happen to the smaller MSP and cloud providers? How can they stand out?
- Study: up to 95M Instagram users may be bots, or 9.5% of its total user base, up from 7.9% in 2015; they currently use follow-to-follower ratio of about 5-to-1 (Zero Hedge) / Techmeme
- Coinbase Tokenized Securities Approval: U-Turn or Just a Matter of Time? / Cointelegraph.com News
- Coinbase has lured a $20 billion hedge fund onto its platform, but experts say the firm could run into trouble down the road / Tech Insider
- There are plenty of non-technical jobs at the biggest tech companies — here are the 10 highest-paying non-technical jobs, according to Glassdoor / Tech Insider
- A guide to blockchain-as-a-service (BaaS) / Information Age
- Apple fans are returning their new MacBook Pros that cost a minimum of $2,800 because they can’t reach the advertised speeds (AAPL) / Tech Insider
- Efficiency Gains of Optical Interconnects at Exascale / Next Platform
- There’s a new list of the world’s 10 largest companies—and tech isn’t on it / Technology – Quartz
- IBM Reports 2018 Second-Quarter Results / HPCwire