So what happens when Amazon comes for your business?
Like I said, we’ve seen it many times.
The short answer is consolidation. That means a couple things.
(For this let’s talk about Walmart)
- M&A – walmart is the king or retail with a global footprint of brick and mortar and a vast network of distribution hubs and fleet of transportation. What Walmart has struggled with is online. Their ecommerce is the last place I check for anything. Ever. So what did they do? They went out anb bought some cool kids who are doing it right from day one. Enter Jet.com. Jet has ecommerce down to a science, so teaming their front end with Walmart’s back end is logical AF. It’s like someone is getting paid to make acquisitions, am I right.
- Partnerships – A couple weeks ago, Google announced a partnership with Walmart that will let you shop from your Google Home device for anything offered at Walmart. This is because Amazon has it all already baked into the echo platform. Now Amazon is saying they are getting into logistics. This means FedEx and UPS are shitting down both legs and will be looking to establish strategic partnerships asap. My prediction is that we will see a partnership announcement between Walmart and either FedEx or UPS. So customers will order a roll of toilet paper on their Google Home from Walmart which will be delivered by FedEx. That customer is a lagistics exec who needs toilet paper to wipe his sweating ass.
TIME TO SPECULATE SOME MORE
Amazon will get into logistics and they will deliver an autonomous delivery platform out of the gate beating the old guard to the punch. Also DRONES!
- Drone Security – this would be an aerial drone surveillance and security company that could patrol or be dispatched upon command. Think if you had a large property and an intruder was detected and a drone could be dispatched to film and shout Commands at the intruder, that would be scary/valuable.
- Event audio video – specifically youth sports. You’d need a drone and operator with 4k camera. Additional cameras on ground and an film editor. I believe you could capture up to $500 per game for film. Think about signing a deal with a team that youd film all their games and roll that cost into team dues… there’s plenty of parents who’d pay that extra $50 per game to have their kids games on film…. Unless they ride the bench.
- NEW CONCEPT THANKS DRONEWEEK – Inspection drones – quickly inspect street structures via drone and high powered camera.
I think pretty high of myself when it comes to brand recognition but this puts a new spin on it …. Draw a logo from memory. I remember posts in the past of the draw a map of the USA from memory but this is the new hotness. I was looking at some of these drawings and I’m not sure I could do much better than these armchair artists.
Quad cubes, future features
It was one of the first emails I sent to myself in 2004. This list was so important that I had it starred in Gmail for 13 years.
My wife’s little brother has a bot that’s the form factor I like. It stacks blocks and shit like that.
I was thinking I just solved the world’s problems with idea 4 but option 1 is more likely.